With Open Hearts - Relief efforts of Central and Eastern Europe to the humanitarian crisis caused by the Russian war against Ukraine
On Wednesday 18 May 2022, MEP Anna Fotyga, ECR Spokesperson for Foreign Affairs, hosted the conference “With open hearts. Relief efforts of Central and Eastern Europe to the humanitarian crisis caused by the Russian war against Ukraine” in the European Parliament.
The Russian war with Ukraine has forced millions of people to leave their homes in search of safety elsewhere in the country or in neighbouring countries. It is estimated that over 7.7 million people are internally displaced and over 5.5 million have crossed the borders to reach neighbouring countries. The Russian invasion of 24 February sparked the worst humanitarian crisis in Europe in decades.
- MEP Anna Fotyga, ECR spokesperson for Foreign Affairs
- H.E. Andrii Deshchytsia, Ambassador of Ukraine to Poland
- MP Marek Kuchciński, chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Sejm of the Republic of Poland
- MEP Miriam Lexmann (Slovakia)
- Mihail POPŞOI, Vice-President of the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova, Chairman of the EU-MD PAC Delegation
- Lord Daniel Hannan, Conservative Party
- Daniel Schwammenthal, AJC Transatlantic Institute Director on behalf of David Harris, AJC CEO