Who We Are
Who We Are
The AJC Transatlantic Institute (TAI) in Brussels works to strengthen the transatlantic bond and fosters dialogue between the US and the EU on issues of mutual concern in the fields of global security, Middle East peace, and human rights.
Founded in 2004, TAI engages decision-makers across the political spectrum in all three major European institutions—the European Council, the European Commission and the European Parliament—as well as with NATO and the diplomatic missions to the EU, think tanks, journalists, and others in the civil society sector.
We combine public education programming with public affairs/strategic communications outreach to provide our constituencies with information and analysis designed to help them formulate the policies best suited to protect European and US security and advance pluralism and democracy in the world.
As the number of global challenges grows and the ability of nations to act independently diminishes, bolstering the transatlantic bond and alliances with key democratic partners become of utmost importance. Our areas of focus include:
- Defending universal human rights throughout the world;
- Promoting pluralism and shared democratic values in an effort to foster greater integration in Europe;
- Combating anti-Semitism and all forms of racism in the face of intolerance and extremism.
- Confronting the spread of terrorism and nuclear proliferation;
- Supporting a negotiated and viable two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict;
- Advocating energy security to reduce our shared dependence on fossil fuel sources.